Solstice / Sky Backbone Brace by DDMWorks
- Fits: 2006+ Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky
- Made from 6061 Aluminum
- Stiffens up short section height "U" channel and making the chassis stiffer
- Allows suspension to work better and not twist as much
- 30% improvement over stock
- Installation note: torque specs are 13-15 ft lbs of torque
- Base 1/4" and Performance 3/8" are solid pieces
- Race/Track 1/2" version has cut-outs allowing it to weigh the same as the solid Performance 3/8" version but with more stiffness
- WARNING:This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The results: With the stock piece in place, it took an average of 12.1 mm to raise the car off the front jack stand. Once we put the backbone on this average dropped down to 8.4mm, which is a 30% improvement. This improvement to the chassis does not make the ride any harsher than stock, it just makes the car a more solid platform for the suspension to work off of, giving the car a ride like a more expensive vehicle. The real advantage of the DDMWorks backbone brace is that you are stiffening up this short section height "U" channel and making the chassis stiffer allowing the suspension to work better and not twist as much. We found that some owners with added power have actually cracked windshields on the car because of the chassis twisting. Once we installed the first prototype on the car it was immediately obvious that we improved the torsional rigidity of the car after a short drive down the road, the car responded quicker and took a set into a turn quicker. With this brace installed the handling difference is very noticeable from a stock car. Where the stock car feels slow to react, cars with both the backbone are faster to react to turns and feel much more solid.