When you start to make more power with the stock engine you run the risk of having an engine failure.
There is a lot that goes into these new engine builds, we start by removing the cylinder head and inspecting it for any damage. The cylinder head is then completely dis-assembled by removing all valves, valve springs, guides and retainers. The 3 mating surfaces are machined for a nice smooth surface, the cylinder head is thoroughly cleaned, pressure checked and then re-assembled with new and improved bronze valve guides, viton valve oil seals, 8 new intake valves and 8 new exhaust valves.
To build the block, we either start with your stock block, a 2.4L LE5/LE9 block or a 3rd Gen Ecotec block core and then completely disassemble and fully clean it. The deck of the block gets fully machined to give a smooth mating surface for the cylinder head, the rotating assembly is then balanced, the crank journals are polished and the short block is then re-assembled, checking for tolerances along the way. With the short block assembled we then install the cylinder head on the short block using the new parts listed below -
- Full GM Main Bearings
- Full GM Rod Bearings
- GM 2.4L Head Gasket with improved cooling passages
- GM Rear Main Seal
- GM Oil Pump/Timing Plate Cover Gasket
- Qty. 20 GM Main Bolts
- Qty. 10 GM Girdle Bolts
- ARP Head Studs
- Forged Rods (option of Molnar or Carillo)
- Custom Wiseco Pistons with Ceramic coated tops, Slick side coating, wrist pins, rings, locks @ 88.5mm bore
- GM Timing Chain
- GM Timing Chain Tensioner
- GM Upper Timing Chain Guide
- GM Slack Side Timing Chain Guide
- GM Tension Side Timing Chain Guide
- GM Valve Cover Gasket
- GM Water Pump
- GM OEM Oil Pump/Timing cover
- Cylinder head work - Inspect, Pressure Test, surface, Install 8 new intake valves, Install 8 new exhaust valves, 16 new Viton Valve seals and bronze valve guides.
WARNING:This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
This product has not been submitted for California CARB approval. Off-road use only in California and states adopting California emission standards.