WeatherShield®, uses the patented EPIC by Nextec® encapsulation process, originally developed for high performance outdoor sports-wear. Their proprietary technology uses precision and controlled placement of special polymers to make ordinary fabrics extraordinary! This encapsulation process places an ultra-thin film around the fabric fibers and precisely places a durable, breathable barrier within the woven polyester fabric to complete the high performance finish process.
- Weatherproof - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
- Superior Dry Time - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. That means, if the cover has been sitting out in the rain you only need to shake it and the residue moisture will easily dry in the trunk or on the car.
- Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.
- UV Resistant - Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicles finish and interior.
- Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection. Nextec fabric has been tested at 1,000 cycles on abrasion wheels without scratching (surface must be clean and waxed).
- Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.
- Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean most car-size WeatherShield covers in your HOME washer and dryer.
- Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into 1/4 to 1/2 the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics.
- Comes with storage bag
- Sky and Redline
- Solstice and GXP