Trifecta Performance Tune, 2.4L Solstice/Sky
- Receive your Flash cable* (usually ships with 24 hours of your order)
- Download Trifecta's free software, this will come via email with your base tune (this is an easy install that you can do yourself in 10-20 minutes) Please allow 48 hours to receive tune.
- Upload your tune via the flash cable
- Drive your car to get a data long to email to us and we will forward to Trifecta. Trifecta will analyze the file, make any changes/updates considered necessary until your tune is dialed in.
- When you're finished, pack our cable back up and send it back to us per the return instructions and receive a refund on your security deposit!
REQUIRED TO LOAD TUNE:
How to know your Map Sensor:
- Due to the nature of this product, all sales are final on Trifecta calibrations.
- Refunds will not be given on any calibrations purchased
- Calibrations are VIN specific and can not be used on other vehicles.
- Tunes require a minimum of 91 octane fuel for gas tunes. For E85 for E47 tunes please contact Trifecta direct.
- WARNING:This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS >> CLICK HERE
|TRIFECTA TUNE GUIDE|
Before you start, you will need:
·Make sure your laptop and are fully charged. (Laptop power settings should be configured to prevent the PC from going to sleep. )
·Access to the email address the order was placed under, your tune files will be emailed to this address along with EZflash software link.
- Register on the
1. Log-in to the Trifecta Performance Website and install EZ Flash per the EZ Flash User Guide: http://www.trifectaperformance.com/ezflash
2. Connect to the vehicle via OBD2 port and Laptop USB Port and open EZFlash from the start menu.
3. Follow prompts: Vehicle Info--> Show Module Info --> ECM and either take a screenshot or a photo of the output and attach and email it to [email protected] Make sure to include your order number in this email!
Please note: You may need to scroll down in order to capture all the data displayed.
4. Sit back and relax.
We will submit your screen shot and tune information to Trifecta so they can build your custom tune. While some files may be ready in 2-3 days some may take up to 2 weeks. Feel free to check in with us from time-time, but be assured we will email your tune file as soon as it is available from Trifecta!
5. You have now received an email from DDMWorks with your tune file. Download the file ending in TRTX that was emailed to you and save it to a location you will be able to find easily.
6.Now, connect to the vehicle via OBD2 port and Laptop USB Port and open the EZFlash user guide.
7. Ensure the vehicle is in Service Mode by holding the 'Start|Stop' button for approximately 10 seconds, or by inserting the key and turning it all the way to the Run position with your foot off the brake.
8. Refer to Trifecta's EZFlash guide(you can begin on step 5) to complete your tune install.
1. Connect to the vehicle via OBD2 port and Laptop USB Port and open EZFlash from the start menu.
2. Follow prompts: Vehicle Info--> Data Log Vehicle
3. While connect, drive the vehicle for 10-15 minutes as you would regularly, including a wide open throttle if possible. We absolutely do not recommend or condone the operation of any vehicle in violation of your local traffic laws for the purpose of collecting live vehicle data. If you choose to collect data on a public street, please do so within the bounds of the law and have and assistant on hand to operate the software.
4. Submit your data log to [email protected], making sure to include your order number along with any drivability feedback or error codes.
DDMWorks is always ready to help!
Tech Cell: 864-907-6004 (call or text)
Email: [email protected]ddmworks.com
Should your vehicle or laptop lose power, or connection from the vehicle be interrupted: 99% of the time, your ECM is NOT damaged, "fried", or "bricked", and you may simply re-try the flash after ensuring your vehicle and laptop batteries are fully charged per EZ Flash Requirements.
If you chose the Select-a-tune: Unless you requested otherwise, it is triggered via the Cruise Control button
Cruise Control ON = STOCK power
Cruise Control OFF = TUNED Power, be sure run at least 91 Octane gasoline while running tuned power
Automatic* Transmission Vehicles: The progress bar will reach 100% when it is done flashing the ECM, then begin from 0% again in order to flash the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Please let it run until it displays 'Module Writing Completed'
*Solstice and Sky Automatic Transmission Vehicles: The progress bar will reach 100% when it is done flashing the ECM. Please let it run until it displays 'Module Writing Completed'.
*Emissions related codes are not disabled by default per standard Trifecta policies (DTC).
We absolutely do not recommend, nor condone violation of your states emissions laws. Check your state's regulations before proceeding!
Catalyst efficiency and other emissions-related codes can be disabled by using the OBD2 DTCs & Readiness Monitors feature within EZ Flash. This can be accomplished before flashing the tune by doing the following:
- Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of EZ Flash using the EZflash User Guide
- Open EZ Flash
- From the 'Program' menu select 'Adjust Tune Settings' and in the sub-menu select 'OBD2 DTC's & Readiness Monitors'
- This will bring up a new window with two sections.
- In the bottom section of the window, scroll through the list of codes until you find the one you wand to disable and un-check the box next to the code.
- Click the 'OK' button. This will bring you back to the main EZ Flash window.
- The tune parameters have now been set and is ready to be flashed again.
- Flash the tune as you normally would.
TURN AROUND TIMES:
Due to the popularity of the product, Trifecta reviews datalogs on a first-come, first-serve basis. We are not the same company as Trifecta and cannot guarantee time estimates for tune updates.
If the log was submitted without any feedback, or indication of a major drivability problem, Trifecta will make every effort to analyze your log, and if needed, provide an update to you in 1-2 weeks.
In many cases, Trifecta’s follow-up will simply be “everything looks great”. This does not mean they quickly skimmed your datalogs and just made that conclusion, or otherwise aren’t putting quality effort into it. You will note that the factory doesn’t hand-tune every car they sell. The same is true of well-written and tested custom tunes. Trifecta spends between hundreds and thousands of hours testing the products they offer, and in many cases the tune is simply spot on. This is especially true if stock, or near-stock vehicles are being tuned. Be assured that every log is reviewed with the same amount of discretion and attention to detail.
TURN AROUND TIMES:
- In many cases, Trifecta’s follow-up will simply be “everything looks great”. This does not mean they quickly skimmed your datalogs and just made that conclusion, or otherwise aren’t putting quality effort into it. You will note that the factory doesn’t hand-tune every car they sell. The same is true of well-written and tested custom tunes. Trifecta spends between hundreds and thousands of hours testing the products they offer, and in many cases the tune is simply spot on. This is especially true if stock, or near-stock vehicles are being tuned. Be assured that every log is reviewed with the same amount of discretion and attention to detail.