We have encountered a problem with the boosted engines in the Solstice, Sky and Opel GT. Oil residue shows up in the intake tracts over time and this residue starts to work its way through the turbo, into the intake pipes and intercooler. As the oil coats the inside of the intercooler, performance starts to decrease. Also this residue can build up on the MAF sensor (2.4L) or the MAP sensor (2.0L). The factory did try to integrate a way to catch this oil in the 2.0L cars into the valve cover, but we still see the oil residue on even stock cars.
What we came up with to resolve this problem is a simple catch can made specifically for the cars, that bolts in using stock bolts. The box is packed internally with stainless steel mesh to help the oil collect, and with a huge capacity of almost 3/4 quart, you will not need to empty the can very often. The integrated sight glass on the catch can will let you know when it is getting full and the removalable drain plug allows simple draining.
The new Hook slot face pattern is now available for Solstice and Sky Rotors. Developed in professional motorsports, the Hook slot provides the initial pad bite of cross-drilled rotor, while dramatically reducing concerns over premature cracking at elevated temperatures. The Hook slot design offers some advantages over other grooved or slotted rotors; greater initial bite, superior pad cleaning, faster pad release and reduced thickness variation. The advantages that this design provides are faster reaction of the pads, less susceptible to pad glazing, and reduced brake pad build up.
Solo Performance chose the substantially more expensive 5” converter (most manufacturers of this type of converter use a 3” to 3 ½ cat body) for a few reasons:1. The more substance inside the better it cleans the exhaust gasses.2. The 5” coil lasts longer than the 3” as there is more contact area for the gasses to hit.3. The sound quality is much better. It’s a softer, less harsh, exhaust note with the 5”coil.4. This particular manufacturer makes this unit to last. Each individual coil is tack welded.
Stats:• 15 HP increase, 8 extra foot pounds of torque increase.
Front Pipe:• 3” mandrel bent polished stainless steel with our quantum resonator built in to sweeten the sound.• Laser cut stainless steel flange.• Extra hanger included for support.• Heavy duty double braided flex pipe is used.• A very precise hand made flair is on the front pipe to alleviate having to reduce the pipe to 2 ½”.
Mid Section:• Dual 2 ½” pipes are used in this mid section.• This does not restrict the flow as dual 2 ½” pipes flow more than a single 3”.
Rear Section:• We decided to go with the more difficult design of a dual in dual out muffler.• This muffler is a heavily packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool, and a true X design muffler. Made from stainless steel.• The tails flow into a beautifully crafted beveled 4” angle cut full bodied stainless steel exhaust tips manufactured by Solo Performance.
- Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force.
- Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control.
- Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating
- Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 times with less than 5% deformation
- T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight
- Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking
- High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life.
- 2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion
- Newly developed lubricant oil in all shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation.
- An additional bearing beneath each pillowball mount provides a smooth action and prolongs the life of the pillowball itself.
- Each BC damper is individually dyno tested before leaving the factory, making sure each damper is matched to within 5%, ensuring an equal balance in handling. OEM standards are 13% in comparison.
These 4 ply high quality silicone intake tubes have been custom formed for perfect fitment on the 2.0L LNF.
This is the last intake tube you will ever need. Unlike the stock intake tube, which cracks or breaks over time, this silicone intake tube will stay soft and never degrade. Since the silicone still flexes proper movement is maintained between the intake air box and the engine, unlike using a rigid metal tube
Save $25 when you purchase the LNF Silicone combo!
Made of high quality 4-ply silicone this trifecta of hoses is a great upgrade for the 2.0L LNf engine. Pick them all up a the same time and you even save some cash.
DDMWorks silicone 2.0L LNF throttle body elbow replaces the rubber connector that goes from the drivers side charge tube to the throttle body.
This replacement piece is made from 4 ply high quality silicone and has been custom formed for perfect fitment on the 2.0L LNF.
or Save $20 on our Upper Raddiator hose at checkout