DDMWorks Hood Latch Reinforcement Brackets for Polaris Slingshot
The hood brackets that come stock with the Polaris Slingshot flex and bend making it difficult to latch and unlatch your hood. These brackets reinforce the hood latch, reducing deflection by 63%, guaranteeing a smooth hood latch every time.
- Machined billet aluminum.
- Removes flex from stock brackets by bracing and strengthening.
- Reduces deflection by 63%.
- Simple installation.
- Available in Black or Clear anodized and Red powder coat.
To see how our brackets stand up to stock and other aftermarket solutions we did some testing. To measure the deflection of all the brackets we used an 18 pound weight with a flat bottom that we were able to put directly onto the brackets (both stock and the aftermarket) at the point were the hood latches. We measured the deflection on all the setups at the same location, 4" out from the mounting point of the bracket to the chassis using a micrometer mounted to a magnetic mount (see image).
The stock brackets as delivered by Polaris deflect - .024"
Aftermarket replacement thicker brackets deflect - .016"
Stock brackets with DDMWorks reinforcement brackets installed deflect - .009"
Aftermarket replacement thicker brackets along with DDMWorks reinforcement brackets installed deflect - .008"
As you can see, the differences are quite remarkable. The DDMWorks Hood latch reinforcement brackets reduce deflection by 63%.
- WARNING:This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.