The GXP-Race exhaust system was developed primarily for the Auto Cross and other racers out there. It’s a full 3” polished mandrel bent single exhaust system that exits only on the driver’s side. It’s a no frills, light weight, no muffler exhaust kit designed for the enthusiastic racer.
Here are some attributes of our GXP-Race system:• Solo’s loudest exhaust kit for the turbo GXP.• Fully polished stainless steel cat back exhaust kit.• Includes all necessary hardware for installation.• Classed as a full bodied nosier exhaust kit.• Recommended for the enthusiast.• This is a no drone exhaust kit with no muffler.• This is a single exhaust.
Solo designed and manufactured this dual in, dual out true X design 11” muffler just for this application. The regular 14” muffler just wouldn’t fit, the space constraints that are inherent in the GXP for rear center duals offered another interesting benefit. The sound is very unique, this kits sound falls right in between the Mach and our Street Race.
A rear valence change is required to complete this look, please contact Norm’s Fiberglass (574) 255-7843 for your valence or diffuser order. ( The valence or diffuser is not included in the price of your Solo Kit) (www.normsfiberglass.com)
The GXP-RCD kit package totally transforms your GXP in both looks and sound.
Solo Performance chose the substantially more expensive 5” converter (most manufacturers of this type of converter use a 3” to 3 ½ cat body) for a few reasons:1. The more substance inside the better it cleans the exhaust gasses.2. The 5” coil lasts longer than the 3” as there is more contact area for the gasses to hit.3. The sound quality is much better. It’s a softer, less harsh, exhaust note with the 5”coil.4. This particular manufacturer makes this unit to last. Each individual coil is tack welded.
Stats:• 15 HP increase, 8 extra foot pounds of torque increase.
Carbotech 1521 brake pads, high performance treet compound
The new Hook slot face pattern is now available for Solstice and Sky Rotors. Developed in professional motorsports, the Hook slot provides the initial pad bite of cross-drilled rotor, while dramatically reducing concerns over premature cracking at elevated temperatures. The Hook slot design offers some advantages over other grooved or slotted rotors; greater initial bite, superior pad cleaning, faster pad release and reduced thickness variation. The advantages that this design provides are faster reaction of the pads, less susceptible to pad glazing, and reduced brake pad build up.
DDMWorks silicone 2.0L LNF throttle body elbow replaces the rubber connector that goes from the drivers side charge tube to the throttle body.
This replacement piece is made from 4 ply high quality silicone and has been custom formed for perfect fitment on the 2.0L LNF.
Save $25 when you purchase the LNF Silicone combo!
or Save $20 on our Upper Raddiator hose at checkout
Made of high quality 4-ply silicone this trifecta of hoses is a great upgrade for the 2.0L LNf engine. Pick them all up a the same time and you even save some cash.
These 4 ply high quality silicone intake tubes have been custom formed for perfect fitment on the 2.0L LNF.
This is the last intake tube you will ever need. Unlike the stock intake tube, which cracks or breaks over time, this silicone intake tube will stay soft and never degrade. Since the silicone still flexes proper movement is maintained between the intake air box and the engine, unlike using a rigid metal tube
We have encountered a problem with the boosted engines in the Solstice, Sky and Opel GT. Oil residue shows up in the intake tracts over time and this residue starts to work its way through the turbo, into the intake pipes and intercooler. As the oil coats the inside of the intercooler, performance starts to decrease. Also this residue can build up on the MAF sensor (2.4L) or the MAP sensor (2.0L). The factory did try to integrate a way to catch this oil in the 2.0L cars into the valve cover, but we still see the oil residue on even stock cars.
What we came up with to resolve this problem is a simple catch can made specifically for the cars, that bolts in using stock bolts. The box is packed internally with stainless steel mesh to help the oil collect, and with a huge capacity of almost 3/4 quart, you will not need to empty the can very often. The integrated sight glass on the catch can will let you know when it is getting full and the removalable drain plug allows simple draining.
- Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force.
- Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control.
- Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating
- Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 times with less than 5% deformation
- T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight
- Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking
- High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life.
- 2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion
- Newly developed lubricant oil in all shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation.
- An additional bearing beneath each pillowball mount provides a smooth action and prolongs the life of the pillowball itself.
- Each BC damper is individually dyno tested before leaving the factory, making sure each damper is matched to within 5%, ensuring an equal balance in handling. OEM standards are 13% in comparison.